Effective January 1, 2020
“Personal Information” is any information that relates to you, and which, alone or in combination with other information, could reasonably be used to identify you.
2. Information you provide and information we collect
You may choose to submit Personal Information and other information to us by purchasing our services or interacting with us, such as when you join or connect with a network, request information or support from us, communicate with us by email, telephone, or subscribe to newsletters or other subscription services, register for training or conferences, submit job applications, or participate in surveys.
For certain of the Responsible Bizz offerings, we ask you to provide information including:
- Basic personal details (e.g., your name, title, and gender);
- Contact details (e.g., your email address, postal address, and phone number);
- Professional details (e.g., your company or organisation name and any professional organization memberships);
- URLs and your IP address;
- if you are using a mobile device, the model of the device and its operating system;
- Payment details (e.g., credit card information, bank account, etc.); and
- Any other Personal Information you choose to provide us (e.g., in communications with our employees, or during the provision of services).
Some of the information is necessary for us to provide particular Responsible Bizz offerings, and our ability to deliver the Responsible Bizz offerings to you may be affected by your not providing certain information.
We may also collect these categories of information from sources other than directly from you. In particular, we collect this information from publicly available sources (such as your employer’s website or professional social networks such as LinkedIn), and may obtain Personal Information from third party data providers which maintain lists of individuals’ contact information and from organizations we work with. Other users of our services may provide information about you when they submit content through subscription or email. For example, you may be registered by a colleague for one of our training sessions. Similarly, an administrator may provide your personal data such as when they designate you as the billing or technical contact for your company.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your Web browser. This technology creates locally stored objects that are often referred to as “Flash cookies”. Responsible Bizz does not use Flash cookies.
Our website may also feature cookies associated with certain unaffiliated companies. For example, we partner with other companies to provide you with connections to certain social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter, and to provide you with additional features such as YouTube. By engaging with such other companies’ sites, for instance, by clicking the Facebook “Like” button found on our Site, such companies may place session or persistent cookies on your device. This may allow these third-parties to collect information about your online activities over time and across websites. The use of these cookies is subject to such third-parties’ own cookie policies, which Responsible Bizz strongly recommends you review.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers and mobile devices incorporate a “do not track” feature that, when enabled, signals to websites and online services that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to such a do-not-track signal, we do not recognize or respond to these signals.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- provide services to you;
- bill/invoice you;
- manage any accounts that you may have with us;
- validate your identity;
- send personalised marketing messages via email to you. Where required by applicable law, we will only send these messages with your consent, and you have the right to opt out of receiving marketing by contacting us;
- serve relevant advertising on our site and third-party sites related to our products and services which are personalized to your interests;
- provide you with notice of events, trainings, promotions or other matters relevant to you;
- respond to your inquiries;
- improve the services you receive from us;
- solicit your feedback;
- prevent you from having to re-enter Personal Information about you on future visits to our website;
- facilitate your access to third-party services and resources;
- keep track of your activities;
- process your payments and purchases;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
5. How We May Share Information
We disclose information about you: (1) to our third-party service providers; (2) to other companies of the Responsible Bizz International holding; (3) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (4) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, (v) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity (5) to protect our legitimate business interests or (6) in any other case, with your consent. We also reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with any sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets, including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation.
As described above, we may use third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf. Data protection is part of the contract between the third-party service provider and us. If we transfer personal information received to a third-party service provider, the third party’s access, use, and disclosure of the personal data must be in compliance with the contractual obligations, and we will remain liable for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Project Information, Customer Testimonials and Comments
We may post information of our projects, customer testimonials and comments on our website, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the organization’s name, customer’s name and testimonial.
6. Links to Other Websites
Our website or emails may contain links to websites maintained by third parties, whose information and privacy practices differ from ours, including, for example, websites that process online payments. We are not responsible or liable for the content of any such websites, any use of such websites or the information or privacy practices employed by the providers of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before using such websites or submitting any Personal Information or any other information on or through such websites.
7. How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also request a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you, update or correct inaccuracies in that information, or request that we remove your Personal Information from our systems and stop contacting you at any time by sending an email to email@example.com that details your request and includes your exact name, physical address and email address. You also have in particular circumstances the right to object to our uses of your Personal Information, the right to restrict our uses of your Personal Information, and the right to have personal data transmitted in electronic form to you or to a third party (the right of “data portability”).
8. How to Contact Us
Responsible Bizz BV
Nieuwe Molstraat 26A
2512 BK The Hague
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the country in which you live via their website.